Servings: 1 • Size: 1 sandwich • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 6 pts
Calories: 252.9 • Fat: 5.3 g • Protein: 18.2 g • Carb: 32.3 g • Fiber: 2.6 g • Sugar: 0.1 g
Sodium: 374 mg (without salt)
- 2 oz Ciabatta
- 2 tbsp mashed avocado
- 2 oz grilled chicken breast
- 3 slices ripe tomatoes
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
Slice bread open and smear mashed avocado on the bread. Season with salt and pepper. Top with tomatoes, chicken and add additional fresh cracked pepper. Enjoy!!
sailing is always in style
Homemade Tofu & Pepper Salad
1 sweet pepper, tofu ‘steaks’, walnuts, feta, 1/2 cup flour, few pinches ginger, cayenne pepper to taste, soy sauce, sesame seed oil, chives, mixed greens
1. Saute sliced sweet peppers in sesame seed oil & chives.
2. Combine flour, ginger, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper in bowl.
3. Marinate tofu in soy sauce while peppers are cooking. Remove peppers from pan and add some oil. Dip tofu steaks in flour mixture and coat on both sides. Fry for a few minutes on each side.
4. Combine tofu, sweet peppers, walnuts, and feta on the mixed greens.
Homemade Potato & Garlic Soup from “500 Soups”
The garlic and lemon juice combined for a very tangy, delicious flavor. It was more of a light, pureed dish as opposed to a chunky wholesome meal. Too much onion can overpower the soup.
What did I learn from this recipe? Pureeing can work wonders and proportions can be played with! Potatoes, garlic, onion, and cream all blended together. Add some fresh lemon, salt & pepper, and it’s all up to you from there. Don’t be afraid to invent your own blended soup!
Everyone deserves a little Nutella every now and then ;)
Nutella Chocolate Bread Pudding by Oven Haven
4 slices of day-old bread
1 cup chocolate milk
2 tsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Spread Nutella over a slice of bread, roll it up, and cut into four rolls. Place the rolls into a casserole dish.
- In a bowl, whisk egg, chocolate milk and sugar.
- Pour the mixture onto the rolls. Leave aside for about 5 – 10 minutes, for the mixture to be absorbed.
- If desired, you may drizzle some Nutella on top.
- Bake at 170C for 20-30 mins, depending on your preferred consistency. Leave to cool for about 5-10mins.
Homemade Chicken Marsala using fresh ingredients! This recipe was pretty tasty. I added a little bit of heavy cream at the end, and always extra mushrooms. I prepared it with egg noodles and it was delicious.